Friday 24 October 2014

You can't spell "Legendary" without "Leg Day"

Jen

Oh man. It doesn't get easier, we just get better, right?

Right??

Leg day Friday. We died. So much glute activation... And I just have to say, I'm a huge wimp when it comes to legs. Ana destroyed me without even blinking! All weekend I was holding the counter to ease myself down onto the toilet, and wincing as I walked up and down stairs. 

So ladylike.

Friday was also weigh-in day; we were all pretty nervous. One thing I remember from last show is this: weight and body fat and all of those numbers quickly become objective measures.

One's worth should not be measured by one's fat. (Say that again if you need to). Actually, a quote I've come across on Pinterest says pretty much that, but better:


So yes. We all have fat still (and fingernails). Amazing! It's been a week! It feels longer....

In a week, I can honestly say I have re-learned that my body is awesome. It hasn't reached its potential yet (far from it), but it's strong, and capable of being lean and even stronger.

My trust in Jamie and his training skills is high. My trust in my diet is high. My love of chicken... Is waning.

But we press on.

Week 2, baby. Let's give 'er.

No comments:

Post a Comment