Tuesday 28 October 2014

A week so far..

Bails

Alright, I decided to wait a week before my next blog post. I really wanted to give the week a fair shot before unleashing to the internet world how terrible eating clean is (blah, blah). So in a week, this is my assessment of the diet portion so far.

Currently, my two LEAST favourite words in the dictionary are "food" and "preparation". I feel behind on life, simply because my evenings are filled with preparing more, more and MORE! If anyone tells you it is easy, they are lying. It is hard. It is a commitment. So you REALLY got to want it. "But I want to watch the season 4 finale of the Walking dead RIGHT NOW!" Nope Bailey, you have to food prep. Sucks, right? But it is what it is. I'm not going to look good in a bikini eating pizza and watching the Walking Dead (Believe me, I've tried that for 20+ years, hah!).

What have I learned about food? 

1. Well I believe Jen, Ana and I will be solely responsible for making chickens extinct. THAT'S how many boneless, skinless chicken breasts I've eaten.
2. Basa fillets, a species of Vietnamese catfish, tastes exactly how you think a bottom-feeder would taste - like mud. Even soaking them in lemon juice makes no difference, unless you like lemon-flavoured mud.
3. Baking sole in the oven is a HUGE piss off. I didn't realize how much the fillets shrink when they're cooked. Seriously, massive shrinkage. Which makes you have to cook MORE. Sigh.
4. Quinoa is not appealing at all. And it gets stuck in your teeth.
5. Thank GOD for apple cider vinegar or quinoa would be permanently fired from my meal planning. Period.
6. I did NOT eat enough food before starting this, making eating 4 ounce chicken breasts 5x/day a huge challenge, and slightly revolting.

What have I learned about myself?

I think I'm tougher then I give myself credit for. As much as I wanted to stamp my feet and protest, I stuck with it for the week! AND I lost 2 lbs eating more food then I've ever eaten, EVER.

THAT'S pretty cool.

At some points during the week, I thought I was going to throw up I was so full. So losing weight while feeling like an elephant was pretty shocking!

Without sounding too candid, I also learned that pooping is important. I like pooping daily. Its like a mini-victory every day. NOT pooping is taking away my daily victory. And I'm scared because I don't know where the food is going?!?! So I'm drinking like a whale and taking magnesium to hopefully speed up transit time. It's like Ottawa rush-hour in there - a parking lot!

So we'll see how week 2 of this goes! I'm trying hard to keep up work-out wise with the other 2 ladies, but they definitely got some years on me. Just got to try your hardest, right?

Here's to pooping!





3 comments:

  1. You rock Bails. You really. Have faith in your strength, both inner and outer because you have oodles of both. Keep fighting the fight and know that Jen and I are right beside you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ana! I got some strong women to inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete