Thursday 16 October 2014

Here we go....indeed

(Ana)  As the elder in this group of crazy women, I feel blessed to be working with an amazing trainer and friend, Jamie Wright, and to have the support of two great and strong gals, Jen and Bailey. 

Where I'm coming from, for those of you who may care to know...  I'm 47 and it has taken me many many years to fully appreciate my body and it's strength.  In this world of media always showing us that smaller and skinner is better, it's been tough at times to try and fit in.  With the support of my partner, my trainer and my friends at the gym, I have finally seen the light.  I'm never going to be a ballerina, and you know what, I'm good with that. 

So follow along on this journey we are taking and you might yourself getting motivated, you may laugh a little, and even feel sorry for us once in a while.  I'm so excited to see what I'm made of, to develop my inner strength and mental fortitude.  I have a goal and am pumped to see how it goes. 

You may think we are completely crazy and that women should not have muscles, well, this may not be the blog for you.  But I challenge you just the same to follow along.  We may change your mind.  This isn't just about the training, it's about growth, perseverance, dedication, and friendship.

My hope is that by contributing to this blog that I can prove to other women out there that are my age, that you are never too old.  If you want something bad enough, go get it.  Surround yourself with good people, supportive people and take one day at a time.  In our case, it is often one rep at a time. 

Peace, and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment