Sunday 19 October 2014

The diet - making up the meals

Jen

Ugh. I have homework to do. As usual, I procrastinate, and so it's 8:30pm on Sunday and I'm using my macronutrients to create meals for myself on My Fitness Pal.  An arduous task at the best of times... and I'm a morning person.  So that was a little bit stupid on my part.

In any case, I've been successful in putting together some sample meals with the proper (ish) nutrients, that seem palatable and can be mixed around for variety.  I didn't include veggies in these calculations on Trainer Jamie's instructions (Trainer Jamie is a little different than his alter ego, Husband Jamie, whom I don't often listen to) ;)

Veggies are "free" for now - meaning I can eat all these meals with a salad, if I want, or a heap of broccoli, or even a green pepper (something I always crave when my intake of sugar regulates itself).

I decided that I would eat at the following times:
  • 6:15am (about an hour after I wake up)
  • 9am (my hungriest hour)
  • 11:45am (the only protein shake in the diet, pre-workout)
  • 1:30pm (post workout awesomeness)
  • 5pm (dinner with the little one)
  • 8:30pm (when munchies usually strike)
6 meals.  It's going to be fun :)

Here are some of the meals I've put together with the appropriate nutrients (approx 23g carbs, 5g fat and 35g protein).  
  • 1 egg, 1/2C egg whites, 1/3C chickpeas
  • smoothie with 1 small frozen banana, 1 tsp almond butter and 1 scoop of protein or 1/2C egg whites
  • Salad with a can of tuna, 1/4 of an avocado (or some oil and vinegar dressing), 1/4C quinoa
  • 1/2C spaghetti squash, 1C cottage cheese (1%), 10 almonds
  • 4 oz chicken breast with 1 tbsp salsa, 1/2C brown rice, 10 almonds
  • 3/4C lean ground turkey (with homemade taco seasoning), 1/2C brown rice, 6 almonds
That's all I've got for now. It's enough to make a day of it tomorrow.  Big Costco trip in my immediate future, though, I can sense it...

So stoked about this! It begins early tomorrow am!

No comments:

Post a Comment