Thursday 4 December 2014

Burn baby, burn... the Tale of the Tape

Jen

We are into Burn Phase.  And carb cycling.

What does that mean? Well, effectively it means that my legs and glutes are perpetually on fire, and that I have to hold the counter to sit down on the toilet.  It means I'm hungry one day, good the next, and stuffed the day after that. It also means I'm really starting to see my abs, which is great, because I could use some motivation!

Looking over the Tanita Tapes (the printouts of body fat, weight, water, etc) over the last 6 weeks, I was shocked to discover that my numbers have not changed a whole lot.  I've dropped some fat (2.6% to be exact), and gained some muscle, but my weight hasn't changed more than 2lbs since we began: I started at 127 and I'm down to 125.
Every week we weigh in and get a printout.  Looking back, numbers really don't tell me a lot.

Thank goodness for perspective, however.

Looking at these numbers alone, I would be discouraged.  2 lbs over six weeks is, well, sucky, really. Even when I didn't start out being "overweight".  Even if I did screw up a little here and there (remember the not-planning-well incident?).  Seeing only a 2 pound loss would be discouraging, if I didn't have the awesome Trainer Jamie and the Girls to keep me going and point out things like:

- I now fit into pants that I haven't fit into in awhile
- I don't suck in my belly anymore during the day. It now seems to suck itself in.  Bonus!
- I'm waaaaay stronger already (like, incline benching the 50's stronger. Oh yeah.)
- My bicep vein is making an appearance, as are some small striations in my back.

These developments, coupled with the fact that Christmas is approaching rapidly and I really want to get through the holiday eating frenzy unscathed, is keeping me going.

I will post some progress photos soon (if I ever remember to bring in my shorts).  Then you can see for yourself if I'm wasting my time or if things are really happening!

Until then, off to train.

No comments:

Post a Comment