Wednesday 10 December 2014

The road to success is paved with ....well lots of bacon

(ana)

Some days I feel like I'm on a treadmill going nowhere.  It's been tough losing the body fat. It must be the fact that I'm just around the counter from 50 or that my body is as stubborn as my head is.  There are times that I swear I can hear my body screaming "no, it's mine, it's mine and you can't have it. piss off and leave me alone."  My body has been carrying around this fat for such a long time that it doesn't want to part with it, or so it seems.

So, what do we do?  We dig deeper.  For the last 2 weeks, I have been on a diet of solely protein and fats.  No carbs at all.  This is to try to get my body into Ketosis (where it starts to use my stored fat as fuel).  So I'm allowed to eat as much protein and fat as I want for 2 weeks. Sounds like a great gig doesn't it?  But it's not, not really.  I can do without the starchy carbs, but no fruit has been really difficult.

And with that, I am confronted with an ample case of the "stupids".  Which some days is hard to handle when I'm trying to finish a difficult task, like say,  photocopy some things at the office.  Seriously, it's amazing how a lack of carbs makes my brain not work so good.   So trainer Jamie told me to eat some salad over the weekend....and I did.  But I waited to long to do so and literally had an all out crying fit into my salad bowl as I tried to keep it down.  It was a gong show.  My partner Trevor, God love him, just stood there and watched the crying mess.  What's a supportive guy to do?

So, I know what you are wondering?  Is it working?  Hell ya it is.  Down 3 lbs, up 2 in muscle and down 2% body fat.  Is it fun?  no.

And we continue on the path, still trusting the process and keeping positive.  I am seeing some changes albeit they are slower than the other girls, but that's ok.  One day at a time.




No comments:

Post a Comment