Monday 10 November 2014

Leg day on Friday = a weekend of funny walks and stair avoidance.



(ana) oh leg day, how I secretly love you and hate you at the same time.

So, if you have never seen my legs, they are, well, "pretty awesome" to quote my team mate Bailey.   :). But as strong and powerful as they may seem to some, they often leave me shaking my head in wonder as I try to do 25 simple leg extensions with virtually no weight and feel like my quads are going to be ripped off the bone. Soooooo painful and hard.   Yes, read that with a whiney voice.  
How can I leg press over 540 pounds and survive to tell the take but the 25 reps on the leg extension makes me want to cry.   Things are not often what they seem, I am learning.

Trainer Jamie was away so we were trainer by trainer Kevin. Just as hard and brutal. We worked on quads first and hamstrings. By the time hamstrings came along, we were all a wobbling mess. We had to lie down on our tummies on a bench, then raised legs and hips off the bench to engage the hamstrings.   First set, hard.  second set, I was getting tired and frustrated at how long they were taking. So took a deep breathe and pounded them out like they were nothing.   Please be assured they were awfully hard, but I figured the faster I got them done the better. 

Trainer Kevin was very entertained by my tired and desperate shenanigans.   Glad I was able to entertain him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment