Wednesday 21 January 2015

Back after the holiday break!

Jen

It's been way too long! Are you still out there?  Because I'm still alive and kickin'... and still following the plan :)

Christmas was... hard.  In the food department, anyway.  The first week I was great - I avoided most temptations and indulged when I felt it was appropriate. I didn't ever experience the Oh dear lord I'm so full I'm going to explode feelings, which I also count as a win. 

 The second week of holidays was harder.  I am such a routine-oriented person! I realized more than ever that I need to have a set schedule in order to adhere to the plan. My inner voice gets crazy if not... Hey, you should eat that! It's ok, eat THAT! Exercise? Meh- go read instead!

So I'm glad the holiday wonkiness is done.  And at least I got a hot yoga class in.


The ladies and I are back on track and into a muscle-building phase, and we have tightened up the diet:

We are still carb cycling, but now we skip post-workout fat, as well as pre-bedtime fat in our meals. Plus any dairy we ate is out of the picture. Not a huge deal for me as I only had cottage cheese on occasion. I still get to have coffee with almond milk, so I'm a happy girl.

But the cardio is starting to make an appearance. Ugh.  Only two, 30-minute sessions a week, but I know that will increase soon.

Now I'm all caught up. Pictures to come soon, I promise- we still need to do an updated pic (although whether there is any visual change I don't know- you can be the judge of that).

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment