Friday 31 October 2014

Remember that time I sucked it up?

Jen

This week has been full of temptation. I was expecting it, eventually, but week 2? 

Come on, now.

I wanted salty crackers on Monday. Sushi on Tuesday. Chocolate on Wednesday. I had to avoid cheesecake Thursday night (although cake isn't usually a temptation for me!) And today, Friday, is Halloween!

At least it's "re-feed day". Tonight I get a meal out with Husband Jamie. I think I might have a burger. None of this stuff:


I'm all for egg whites but hamburgers win today.

In all seriousness, though, I'm happy with how much I've been able to just suck it up and move on.

How's that, you might ask? 

Well, the advice is simple but not easy. It's something Trainer Jamie has told me time and again. It's about wanting the result and the long-term gains (or losses in my case) more than the instant gratification of yummy tidbits.

Ready for it?

You just... Do it.

Yeah, I know. I was underwhelmed too.  The thing is, that's really all there is to it. You look temptation in the face, acknowledge its presence, say, "No," and continue.

Try it :). It feels pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment